Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NP203 conversion

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MOABDADC22, Aug 14, 2001.

1. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

I just installed a Mile Marker conversion kit. Istallation went well, but now I have no 4HI or 4LO. I have 2HI , Neutral and 2LO. Did I miss something? I have no 4WD. Yes, I installed lockout hubs(WARN PREMIUM). Any help would be greatly appreciated. It feels like the shift lever does not want to go all the way forward or all the way back. There is nothing blocking the shift lever. Do I have to change the linkage? Help....

Real four wheelers don't need tools to remove body panels, paint, tail lights..etc.
    P.S. Ask me why it is called "BODY SNATCHER"

2. MOABDADC22

Real four wheelers don't need tools to remove body panels, paint, tail lights..etc.

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Uhhhh Sounds like something is hanging the shift rail that slides the locking collar into position.
    You know it is possible to put the dif housing in backwards and it would not go into lock if this happend.
    Both my 203 equipped and converted trucks do not like shifting while sitting still. I usualy find rolling in Neutral on the tranny lets it shift much easier.

It's not my damn planet monkey boy!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s>communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s</a>

Grim-Reaper

4. MOABDADC22

WOO HOO after a trip to the car wash, and a spray with the high pressure washer, the gunk has been cleaned off and it shifts in and out like a champ.........