Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

np203 did search nogo

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chillywilly, Nov 23, 2002.

1. chillywilly

chillywilly Registered Member

This has probly been covered somewhere but i cant find it /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif.My old plow truck has a np203 and the chain is jumping underload. I priced parts today locally $220 way more than i want to put in it. lolI do have another 203 t-case layin around is there anyway to check the chain and gears to see if their ok? And is it possible or worth it to change them in truck if i have to?This is just an old plow truck for the yard so im tryin to be cheap /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

id say go for it, use what you have, that is what i do, unless it is somthing like changing the oil and filter, or if i dont have the part i need and i have to go get it. but if you have one lay'n around thats awsome. as fer your check'n look at it and see if any seals are leakin, i thought i saw a mile marker chain once for 110$ and to ease your troubles even more they sell a kit that takes the slop out of the chain, because from what i hear these babys strech em out. check out www.milemarker.com, but if you got the extra case, and you got the skill and time, put it in, what could it hurt. Good luck!. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

P.S. im not sure if these things have PTO covers but if they do take it off and see if you can push on the "extra" np203's chain. Use some good ol' commen sence, im sure you will end up on top of the situation /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

$220! since when? Chain is $110 from www.milemarker. Only other thing you need is gaskets. My local maual transmission place sells the gaskets for $5. Only other thing I would pick up is the front and rear output seals ($5 each at the local parts store). It can be done in the truck. Might have to lower the case a littl down onto jack stands to get a little room above the case especialy if the cab mounts have sagged.
    Steve should be posting my Mile Marker shaft replacement review soon. I go over what else needs to be done to replace the chain in the review. Course if you were a member you could read it right now because it is posted in the Bloody Knuckle /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I wasn't able to do it in truck, there is a bolt on the very top, you can't get to unless you drop the case out.... When it was all said and done it was easier to just put it on the bench, as for that fixing my problem, nope my case is just toast...And Chilly if your interested I'll sell you my new chain and and part time kit for $110+ shipping since I'm putting in a 205....If your interested send me a PM.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. chillywilly

chillywilly Registered Member

$220 !!! lol thats what i said when local parts guy told me!oh well hes a dub.but thanks for sending me in right direction lookin at the chainsaver kit right now. Oh by the way Grim I should be joining around first of year,cant wait to get in members area!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif