Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

np203 guys...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tarheel, Feb 13, 2004.

1. tarheel

tarheel Registered Member

the shifter for the t-case in my '73 seems to be too easy to pop out of gear... i.e. is there some sort of position detent that could be worn out? hope this question makes sense.
    thanks
    matt /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

check the linkage, if you look at both shift rails, each one has a hole, stick a nail or pin of sorts thru both and adjust them.

3. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Most of the time, just gotta take the shifter off, take it apart, flush out all the mud and grime, grease it, put it back together, adjust it right.... and it'll fix it!

Marv

4. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

Know the feeling,
    I took it apart and fabbed another lever. So now I've got a lever for lock/unlock and a second lever for low/high. Been running this way for six years, so far so good.

5. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

Try this.... put it in gear, then disconnect the linkage and drive around and see if it stays in gear. Mine would still pop out of gear. Then I went with a doubler /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I also know there is a trick where you take out a sping and put a washer in there to put more force on the spring. Try to use the search feature (probably won't work) to find something, if you can't I explain it. Good luck.