Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NP203 input-10 spline SM465 version

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by madmike, Jan 22, 2003.

1. madmike

madmike 1/2 ton status

Awhile ago I was able to obtain a SM465 version of the NP203 rangebox portion for use in a "Doubler" kit. It is the 10 spline version, and came behind a 1974 SM465. I've been trying to round up as many factory parts as I can, and the only reason I went the 10 spline route (instead of 32) is because I have several 10 spline trannies laying around, I came across this 10 spline version of the NP203 as soon as I started looking, and the price was right (traded parts). I have not seen 32 spline SM465's readily available in my area.

Anyway, getting to the point and question, the female input splines on the NP203 are worn pretty bad. Can ORD supply new or remanufactured input shafts, or is there somewhere else they can be found?

I don't really want to look for another SM465/NP203 setup because I know they are not common, and any other one I find will probably be just as worn as this one.

I'd appreciate a response, or help from anyone, thanks!

2. wheelin_willy

wheelin_willy Registered Member

try phoenix hard parts.com or daccoo/detroit of arizona
    602 269 6411 tell them you are a recent grad of arizona automotive institute for 15% off
    will

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

All we have is used gears right now but I'm chasing down another batch of new gears. We haven't had a problem getting them before but we'll see what happens.

4. madmike

madmike 1/2 ton status

I would like to know when you get new gears in. I would consider used gears, if they are in good condition. Got any? How much for used? Thanks!

5. madmike

madmike 1/2 ton status

Anyone else?

6. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Now of course I'm having a hard time finding new 10 spline inputs. We have some used gears but nothing that's really that great. It may be a good thing we're coming out with the 32 spline 465/203.