Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NP203 input seal

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BIGJ, Aug 27, 2003.

1. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

I'm changing out the input seal on my 203 range box. The original seal was one thick piece. Everywhere I have checked (Oreillys, Crow Burlingame, Autozone, etc...) shows two seals for that application. Apparently they stack the seals to make it the same width as the original. Does anyone have a part number for the thick seal? I tried the dealer, and they gave me the "part isn't in production anymore, blah, blah" speech. If stacking the seals will work, then that's fine with me, I just wanted to see what everyone else was doing about this.

BIGJ

2. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

TH350 Version? I used a single Timken seal from AutoZone - Ill get the part number tonight.

3. BIGJ

Yep, it's a TH350 version.

BIGJ

4. BIGJ

Here's a pic of the new seals vs. the old one on the left...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I checked at autozone last night again, and it was one small seal that you had to double up to equal the thickness of the original seal. Has anyone else with a 203 used two seals for the input shaft? I really don't want this thing to leak, and tearing into it every few months to fix a leaky seal is not how I would prefer to spend my weekends. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

BIGJ