Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NP203 install

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Adub, Nov 14, 2004.

1. Adub

Adub 1/2 ton status

Is there a good way to get that thing back into the truck? I have one of those tranny jacks that sits on top of a floor jack. If I put the tcase on the jack, I cant get it under the truck. I have the truck jacked up as high as I can. This thing is just too damn heavy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

AW

2. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I replaced 8 203's in my truck in 8 months... my suggestion would be to find a 205 and save yourself hassle in the long run.
    If that is not an option, then you can also remove the pass seat and tranny tunnel cover and lift the case up into positon from the top side w/ an engine hoist, or rent/borrow a low-rise tranny jack.

3. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

This is not a one person job if you do not have the right equipment. I just went through this. Know anyone with a motorcycle jack? Makes life so much easier, and you can do it by yourself.

If not get a buddy or two to help you.

4. Adub

Adub 1/2 ton status

I had help, its just not possible to lift that thing up from ground level when you are on the ground

5. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I just got done pulling and reinstall my dads TH350/203 combo(pulled it as 1 unit and reinstalled it as 1 unit)using one of these. They work REALLY good, can also be used for axle swaps /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Adub

Adub 1/2 ton status

Ill see if I can borrow one