Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NP203/NP205/NP208

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rigdonhome, Jun 24, 2003.

1. rigdonhome

rigdonhome 1/2 ton status

I'm looking at several K5 parts trucks (one needs a motor but body is excellent with all new body panels and paint... sorry, I get distracted...) and need to know what I'm buying...

Can you kind folks tell me how to tell the difference between the three cases, and about what they're worth to have around as spare parts?

If someone has a page on their site somewhere with pics of all of the cases it would be great!

I know one of the cases I can get for $20. Gotta be worth $20 no matter what it is, right?

Cheers,
    Scott

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

This is a 203
    [​IMG]

The 205 looks like this
    [​IMG]

If it doesn't look like this it is a 208 or a 241. The 203 is a full time case chain drive. The 205 is gear driven the strongest one available. The 208 and 241 are chain driven, but have the best low range out of all of them. It just depends what you use your truck for. I prefer the 241 cause of the low range. This page has some good parts ID as well as here Hope all this helps.