Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Np203 Overhaul

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Panther212, Mar 30, 2003.

1. Panther212

Panther212 Registered Member

I just pulled my 203 and was wondering what I need to look for when I pull it apart, and if they make any affordable rebuild kits. I'm also looking for a cheap shaft part time kit, if anyone knows a vendor who has one under the summit price (300- the only one I could find) please let me know. Any tips or hints are also greatly appreciated /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

Check out Summit racing part #'s MMK-501 and MMK-502. The first is a part time kit for the 203 the second is the same but includes hubs too. I dont't know about an overhaul kit. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. 78GMCJIMMY

78GMCJIMMY 1/2 ton status

Check out MileMarker.com they have the shaft replacement part-time kit,501 and 502 part-time kit that does not replace the shaft,and chain replacement kits for the NP203!!!!They will also have links to vendors of these products!!YEE-HAW!!Yeah Buddy!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

4. Panther212

Panther212 Registered Member

I know to check the chain to see if it's stretched, and check the gears, is there much else to do?

Oh yeah, BTW the MMK 501 and 502 kits use the little tabs that go in the diff. in the case, which usually end up wearing out and putting play in the driveline ( I plan on a 6" lift and 35 or 36s). If I can't find a shaft kit for like 150-200 then I'll probably end up using tabs or changing over to a 205... who knows /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif