Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

np203 part time milemarker

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by supernaut, Oct 9, 2005.

1. supernaut

supernaut Registered Member

I ordered the part time kit from Milemarker that includes the replacement output shaft and removes the differential altogther. In a few weeks I'll be installing it. Any others who have done this have tips, recollections of tough spots? I have read through the review of these kits here on ck5.
    ( http://coloradok5.com/milemarkerpt.shtml ) It's great and packed full of good technical info.

2. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

Did the same thing in mine. The article you have will walk you through the process. Pretty simple, just remember to engage it once in a while to keep everything lubed.

3. supernaut

supernaut Registered Member

Hey thanks a lot for the reply! It's good to hear someone else has done it. I'm anxiously awaiting my kit now.

In the instructions:

Anyone know the part #? I'd like to get it ordered asap.

4. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

I put in the Mile Marker Solid Shaft kit when I rebuilt mine. Made a noticable difference where slack in the output is concerned. The hardest part is taking the time to set your endplay properly. As has been mentioned, make sure to engage your case every few hundred miles to keep the output bearing lubed. Get in the habit of engaging it for a bit every time you fuel up. That way you don't forget as going to the station reminds you to do it.

Oh yea, don't forget to slide your speedo gear on or you'll have to take it back apart. :doah:

5. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

I just hit up the Chevy parts counter. They looked it up and had it in stock.