Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

np203 questions & lift questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by h0nke, May 5, 2005.

1. h0nke

h0nke Registered Member

my 73 truck has an np203 with a part-time kit in it. should i stick with this or install a np205? ive got a th350 tranny that was just overhauled not to long ago.

i have 6" skyjacker kit with rear blocks. should i upgrade to rear springs? i have a dual shock kit im going to install soon and i want to put a 14bolt soon too (im not sure if you need HD springs for 14bolt?).

thanks yall

2. mr_clean

mr_clean 1/2 ton status

If the 203 is already part-time then I'd say run it until it gives you problems. From what I understand you will need to occasionally (every 300 miles or so) drive with the hubs locked to lube the chain. Otherwise the only thing you'll get out of the 205 is a little better strength. Crawl I believe is pretty darn close on both. 205=1.96:1 vs. 203=2:1. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

As for the blocks... I think you'll find the general consensus will be to lose them. Either springs or shackle flip or combo of both...