Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NP203 shifter position

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mkinnunen, Oct 3, 2004.

1. mkinnunen

mkinnunen Registered Member

The shifter controls two levers at the TC. Which one is which? Big one in the back and smaller "S" shaped one in the front. is one of them 2X/N/4X and the other Hi/Lo?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
    Michael

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

The outer lever is the range selector , the inner is the lockout lever . /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Found on Autozone.com . they have new guides that someone mentioned a couple months back .

[​IMG]

The 203 full time 4-wheel drive transfer case is the only one on which linkage adjustment is possible.

Place the selector lever in the cab in the Neutral position.

Detach the adjustable rod ends from the transfer case levers.

Insert an 11/64 in. drill bit through the alignment holes in the shifter levers. This will lock the shifter in the neutral position with both levers vertical.

Place the range shift lever (the outer lever) on the transfer case in the Neutral position.

Place the lockout shift lever (the inner lever) on the transfer case in the unlocked position. Both levers should now be vertical.

Adjust the rods so that the linkage fits together. The indicator plate can be moved to align with the correct symbol.

Remove the drill bit.

3. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

Hey, I have that shifter box and rods that I told you about when we met up, if you need them let me know /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif How did that tranny work or did it, curiousity is killing me /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Krennen