Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NP203 to NP205 Swap...Rear Brake Cable 73 Blazer K5 TH350 Transmission

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TallCowGirl, May 17, 2002.

1. TallCowGirl

TallCowGirl Registered Member

Hi Folks...I have a 1973 K5 Blazer with a TH350 transmission and NP304 transfer case. I'm swapping the NP203 with a NP205. Since this transfer case mounts about 4" forward than the NP203, the rear brake cable needs to be longer. Do any of you guys know what cable do I need to get?

Thanks,
    Diana

2. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

At first, I didn't understand your question as the t-case has nothing to do with the e-brake cable... but the crossmember does. I think the cable is the same but the metal bar which suspends it from the crossmember is longer.

3. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

You can use your existing cable and bars the attach to the frame. Just do what I did. On the passenger side right next to the tcase where that bar that holds the cable connects to the frame, you will need to relocate that bar so the cable now reaches. Just take the bar outta the hole in the frame and drill a fresh hole in a location that you can judge will make the E-brake system function once again. Save's time and money.