Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NP203 twin stick questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by AlaskaFJ60, Jul 4, 2005.

1. AlaskaFJ60

AlaskaFJ60 Registered Member

ok , first post here , my NP203 on my super FJ60 build is toast , I pulled it down and out without having to drop my tcase since I have a huge hole in the floor... my question is , is it possible to install the twin stick with 1 person in the cab helping and one under it ? also does anyone have a pic of one installed ?

2. Mad-Dog

Mad-Dog 1/2 ton status

who sells a twin stick for the 203...?

why on earth would you want to twin stick a 203...?

3. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

I dunno, I can't wait to get rid of my 203.

4. AlaskaFJ60

well

well I have the entire running gear out of a 77 K30 dually under my FJ60 . eventually I will do a crawler box but for what I paid for the axles , tranny and tcase I wasnt gonna turn it down .

5. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

A neat little 4x4 shop called ORD sells the twin stick. IMO the shifter is what sux most about a 203, other than that its o.k. If I still ran a 203 I'd twin stick it. They're a dime a dozen therefore easily replaced and found for cheap.
    http://www.offroaddesign.com/catalog/transfercaseshifters.htm

6. clarkjw24

AlaskaFJ60 do you really live at Eagle River? Is this the same one that was talked about in Hot Shots Part Deux?

7. AlaskaFJ60

huh

dont know about hot shots , but yes I live in Eagle River Alaska , 13 miles north of Anchorage.

as for the 203 , seems noone wants them , 300 lbs isn't light but I have scored a free replacement transfer case that I intend to make into a crawler box. might get another from a rolled K20 this week also for ffree

Last edited: Jul 5, 2005
  8. clarkjw24

Yeah 203 are alittle on the heavy side but I've got 7 sitting in the garage.

Anyway, I was wrong its in the first hot shots movie. You ever seen it? ILMAO when they did the eagle river scene. Funny chit.

9. bugspray

bugspray 1/2 ton status

I made my own, and it works great. Thread on how to make it.
    Also directly from ORD's website
    "You get rid of the trouble prone and typically worn out factory shifter box and replace it with 2 levers for much more positive gear selection. One lever will shift the case through Hi-N-Lo and the other will control the differential lock, or on cases converted to part time, the other lever will control 2wd-4wd."
    I was also having trouble with my t-case popping out of 4lo, but when I redid it, no more problems.

10. rcurrier44

rcurrier44 1/2 ton status

Yep its a piece of cake...if you have enuff mechanical ability to repack your wheel bearings you can make a twin stick for a 203. Pull everything from the box and throw it away. Drill a couple of holes in some flat steel, add some spacer washers and bolt every thing back together... :D

11. AlaskaFJ60

difficulty

ok I have the main part of the twin stick in and secure , I am now having a buger of a time with the 2 tab things , how they ae suppose to be and how the little heims fit up etc...any suggestions