Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

np203 + warn hubs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supernaut, Sep 22, 2005.

1. supernaut

supernaut Registered Member

I have the NP203. I put on warn hubs. I've been running with no front driveline for awhile. just got my new High Angle front driveline. I have NOT purchased or installed the MileMarker part time kit yet. (i'm getting the one that replaces the rear output shaft for $355, if you see any better deals, let me know)

The Question:

will it be ok to leave the warn hubs unlocked and let the axles freewheel at the hub?

...wait a minute...NP203 interaxle differential...if I do that then I'll have all the drive force going to unlocked front axles, right? ...differential...path of least resistance...spinning axles and stationary truck...this sounds dumb....

ok, so someone who knows wtf will happen please respond...thx dudes

2. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I am pretty sure your second statement is what is going to happen. In theory your front output will spin twice as fast as because there will be no power split much like an open differential in your axle.

Ira

3. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yep...that's right. You'll have to put the t-case in the LOCKED mode to get the rig to move. I did it for years..it works..I never hurt the lockouts either.

4. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

ive got a brand new milemarker part time kit. its the full shaft conversion.

i bought it for my truck but when i opened my tcase it was already converted lol :doah: . 250 shipped to your door. shoot me a pm if you're interested.

5. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I had hubs and a 203 without the part time kit for a while. I keep really close track of my fuel mileage there was no difference with running the hubs unlocked and the case in hi lok vs running with the hubs locked and the case in hi. Although I doubt you will do any damage if you run hubs unlocked case in lok I did for about 6 months Have you looked on ebay for the shaft kit I bought one from someone on here for a 100 bucks I have seen them on ebay going for about the same. Although not very often Good luck

6. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

It won't hurt anything. Leave the hubs unlocked, put your t-case in High lock, and go.

7. Phatsalmon

Phatsalmon Registered Member

Conversion Kit

I am in dire need of this conversion kit. How do I get in touch?

8. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

I have full time 203 and locking hubs. Put it in high lock and go. Came out of the woods one night and unlock the hubs and put the truck in just high. Got about 50 feet down the road and it seemed like my tranny was gone again, then I realized the lock light wasn't on. Ive been running this setup almost a year and it hurts nothing. From time to time I like to lock hubs and put tcase in just high and drive. Just to let it all work right.