Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

np203 ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 77scottsdale, Jan 2, 2007.

1. 77scottsdale

77scottsdale Registered Member

i just got the 92 350 in my truck all together, put milemarker hubs on the front, filled trans up, when i put the truck in high lock hubs free it feels like the transmission is slipping, but when i put it in low lock with hubs free it will spin both the back tires and has good throttle response no slipping and shifts through the gears, my question is that it was dark so i could not see, could the front drive shaft be spinning and not the back in high loc if the tranfer case is bad or is it that my th350 is shot.

in high loc it will rock back and forth but not pull, tomarrow i am going to lock the hubs and see if it will pull in high loc

srry for the long post

1977 k10 scottsdale 4x4 shortbed
    put a 92 350 in it changed to carb
    th350/203/d44/12b

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

You probably didn't have it in lock . And if you don't convert the transfercase to part time , the locking hubs need to be locked at all times .

Hubs only doesn't equal part time operation .

3. 77scottsdale

yea i know that its not converted but shouldnt it still pull normal in the high loc position, if it is not broke, there are no whines or grinding

4. 77scottsdale

the only way i new it was in loc is because the light still works, and in low lock it pulls fine

my friends dad had a 79 powerwagon with fulltime 203 and we drove it around with it in high loc with the front drive shaft out

5. pauly383

Lock , yes , you can drive with it in lock on a single shaft . It does sound like it didn't actually line up with lock though .

6. 77scottsdale

is there any ajustment on the stick

7. pauly383

Sure is . Good idea to run through that first , since it is free to do . Let me dig it out for ya , I have a link to it somewhere ..........

yup here Clicky

8. 77scottsdale

thanks i just hope the trans is good, i wont to get an aluminium case anyways if this one is already shot

i only have about 750-800 dollars in the truck but i dont wont to change the transmission out, but i did only pay 250 for the thing

do u know if a short shaft 2wd th400 can be made to hook up to a transfercase

9. 77scottsdale

would a bad modulator valve cause the truck to go dead after about 5 seconds of being put in gear, or a vaccum leak.

and another thing the truck starts to skip when put in to high loc and press the gas, but not in low loc