Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

np205 32 spline long input shaft

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by arq, Jun 13, 2003.

1. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

can i use a short input shaft from a furd and swap it in place of a long 32spline input shaft on a chevy??

ARQ.

2. doctor4x4

doctor4x4 1/2 ton status

Furd = 31 spline chevy = 32 spline
    need i say more ?? except
    chevy wins again :-) /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

YES IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON USING IT FOR A DOUBLER!!!!!!!!! Stephen already has done this match set and it is way cheaper to go if you are trying to use it for a doubler! You don't have to spend the $200 on an input gear! Just rape one out of a ford and make sure Stephan know what shaft you need for the kit! This has been discussed before... Unless you are using it for a doubler, no you can not as Doctor4x4 already stated.... They are different splines and won't mate to a chevy tranny! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Yes, it will drop right in from what I (think I) know. 32 spline GM and 31 spline Ford use the same bearing. I'm running a 31 spline Ford in my new 205 doubler build...

5. grojguy

grojguy Newbie

Hey, I happen to need a long-32 spline NP205 input shaft for my setup (GM 4L80E to NP205). Since you are replacing yours, maybe I could provide a home for it? Is it in good shape (minimal spine wear) ? If you want to part with it, let me know how much.

Thanks,
    -Matt