Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NP205 converion/crossmember question.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by paulmoon, Apr 15, 2005.

1. paulmoon

paulmoon 1/2 ton status

Couldn't find much on forum search. I just bolted in a NP205 in place of the old 203. The crossmember bolt pattern on the 205 is closer together then on the 203. And the crossmember shape is different. The 205 crossmember appears shoped down toward the front whereas the 203 is perpendicular to the crossmember. Can I cut out a new hole and use the mounts that fit the 203? They use different mounts, but it looks like it would work. Anyone have experience changing theirs? Thanks.

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

should be the same crossmember and mounts. thay sometimes stick real good to the member. and 1 hole is fixed and the other is sloted. the only diffrent members i have seen is 2x4 and 1/2 -3/4 ton and true 1 ton . just a few ideas for ya good luck.

3. NorthWestFab

NorthWestFab 1/2 ton status

How new is the NP205? The later years (1985 and newer) used the W style crossmember, which looks a fair bit different than the standard that the NP203 would have been mounted with.

If your NP205 is the "figure 8" style, then it will use the same crossmember and mounts as the NP203 did.

4. paulmoon

paulmoon 1/2 ton status

This 205 was Labeled as comming off a 73. Same year as mine. Behind a th350. The LMC catalog shows a different crossmember for the 85's like you said. So maybe this otta work! Bolt it up and see.... :thinking: