Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NP205 dissasembly questions?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DukeBoy88, Feb 3, 2003.

1. DukeBoy88

DukeBoy88 1/2 ton status

Does anyone have exploded veiw diagrams of a NP205 or know a site that walks you through dis/reassembly? Also on the front output end of the case there are two large threaded holes, is this a location of a mounting point in some vehicles? And I also read on another post, but I don't think I saw an answer, Is the 10spline front output shaft strong enough for a 1350 series yoke? or will it break first? gloeco.com sells them as well as 1410. but I thought they were supposed to be weak. thanks in advance

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Try MJ's Webshots for some exploded views; http://community.webshots.com/album/13852561QnRQRdZuCQ

The 2 threaded holes are for either a side mount that goes to the frame rail or a rod that goes up to the lower bellhousing bolt. Either fits, which one you had (if at all) was determined by model year.

3. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

Gloeco is one of the 'DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH' companies going by a few recent threads here.
    anyone that runs 'DBA' under several names is one to be wary of.

4. FWP

FWP CRS

Go here for the 205 205 rebuild

If you a buy a GLOECO , Driveline solutions , Arizona drivelines driveshaft, you deserve to be shot/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif, all kidding aside, do a search on it, you won't buy one from that idiot

5. DukeBoy88

DukeBoy88 1/2 ton status

THanks for the info.
    But how about that 10 spline front output, how weak or strong is it? I'd like to run 1350 shafts front and rear.

6. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

It's strong, but can break. The GM 30 spline is better, or go with a Ford 31 spline and you will get higher strength and more mating options. Call Steve Watson at ORD or visit http://www.offroaddesign.com/NP205tech.htm . It will give you some of the pro's and con's of each type of shaft.

7. wfo163

wfo163 1/2 ton status