Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NP205 FOR A DBLR

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by RDRAGE, Mar 18, 2001.

1. RDRAGE

RDRAGE 1/2 ton status

FIRST, THANKS TO EVERYONE ON MY 700 QUESTION! I'M LOOKING TO RUN A DBLR AND HAVE FOUND IT ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND A NP205 FROM A TH400 TRUCK. I KNOW OTHER 205 CASES CAN BE MODIFIED TO WORK (CHANGING BEARING & INPUT GEAR AND CUTTING THE CASE SO THEY FIT). HOWEVER IF I COULD FIND THE CORRECT 205 IT WOULD BE CHEAPER & EASIER. MY QUESTION THEN IS WHEN LOOKING FOR A 205 FROM A 400 WITH A SHORT 32 SPLINE INPUT, FLANGE TYPE FRONT OUTPUT, FIXED REAR YOKE (NOT SLIP) WHAT TYPE/YEARS TRUCKS DO YOU LOOK UNDER!? THE YARDS DON'T KNOW A 205 FROM A 241 AND CAN ONLY LOOK FOR IT BY VEHICLE AND I STILL HAVE TO LOOK AT IT BECAUSE OF DIFFERENT OPTIONS. I'M STARTING TO WONDER IF THEY EXIST W/THE ABOVE SET-UP! IF ANYONE HAS A HOLLANDERS INTERCHANGE NUBER FOR IT THAT WOULD BE PERFECT!!!!!! THANKS AGAIN FOR ANY HELP!

www.trailrunners4x4.org

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

No idea on the interchange #, but application would be an 82 1-ton with about any motor and the TH400. That should give you all the right parts on the 205. The only other case available was the 208, and 1 tons didn't have them, except the military for some reason.
    Good luck with the search.

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    [​IMG]
    SW-ORD

3. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

Only certain model CUCVs had the 205; M1031 Contact Maintenance Trucks, and M1028A1 / A2 Shelter Carrier "RATT Rig". The reason for the 205 was the need for a PTO. Sad part is they were all slip yoke. 'Not sure whether long or short shaft input.