Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NP205 grinding in low-4... Whattup?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ErikH, Feb 13, 2002.

1. ErikH

ErikH 1/2 ton status

Hey there,
    Given the low gearing of the SM465 granny, I rarely use low-4. But just the other day, I thew the NP205 into low-4 to tackle a ledge nice n' slow... It crept along w/o a whimper until I hit the gas, and then grrrrrrrrrrr... no power to the front wheels and the rears just spun. I tried to re-engage low-4 twice, but nothin'... finally had to hit the ledge in hi-4. I made it, but now I'm frustrated. What would cause the case to grind in low-4?? Any help out there? Thanks.
    -Erik

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Mine does that sometimes if it is not all the way into 4lo. It is most likely a body interferance or linkage in need of adjusting. I haven't had time to fix it yet so If I have problems I just have my passanger hold it in gear with his foot.

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/triaged>See it Here </a>

3. 1Blazin71

1Blazin71 1/2 ton status

I had the same problem with my 205 after moving it back to accomodate the 700R. Had to bend the shift lever and make the hole a bit longer.

This discovery cost us a driveshaft and a flowmaster when it poped out while the wife was trying to climb some steps.

Matthew Meyer
    matthewm@inhollywood.com
    '71 Ochre K5 - 4" Lift 35"s
    ZZ4 350 - 700R