Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

np205 inspection plate access?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by LKJR, Jul 30, 2002.

1. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

ok here's the deal, I can't get my 205 into N or 4lo, someone mentioned maybe rollpin has slipped, which could be the case I believe I had to R&R one during the rebuild cause I forgot something. can I get to that from the inspection panel to feel it and maybe get a pair of pliers in there to squeeze it back in place? 2hi and 4hi work like a dream it's just that one side.

2. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

if 2hi and 4 hi work like a charm it doesnt sound to me like you are on the correct track.
    front and rear drive are 2 different rails.
    if you had one rail working but not the other then I would say roll pin perhaps, though maybe the interloks are cuaseing that.
    you have gone through the linkage checking?
    can you manually smack the rails into low range?
    low is towards rear of truck on both upper(rear drive) and lower(front drive) rails

I guess rear rail could be stuck forward and the front could still be free.
    very little can be seen through the PTO cover
    the plugs to access the rails are on the top side perhaps you can pull the floor hump if it is bolt in, seems quicker to drop the TC though

3. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Ok I'm bringing this one back up, I went and played with the tcase some more tonight, and it looks like the top rail is getting pulled out too far..I can take a ball peen hammer and tap that rail and get it to move back in. once it's in I can move between gears. BUT there's no N position. WTF? and it dosen't want to move very easy. (no I'm not trying to sit still in gear to change gears..

4. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

you will be able to see some action on the reardrive rail from the PTO cover.
    you may be able to see if the rail movement is reflected in the shift fork movement
    this will show if they are still attached