Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

np205 leak

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Paxx, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

I was checking my 205 for leaks because of some oil on the ground and the only place that I seem to be able to find leaks is from where the shift rails come out of the housing. It seems to be leaking from both.

Is this a common thing, an easy fix? It is leaking quite fast so I would like to get it taken care of soon. Especially with all the snow around here, I'm running in 4wd at all times.

Thnx
    ~Max

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Looks like there are seals for them.

'85-86 parts manual scans

The part number for the seal LOOKS like an old one, but depending on the year of your t-case, I'd double check with the dealer or someone else.

One other thing to check is the fluid level...if you have a leak between the t-case and tranny, it can force fluid out of the seals as the t-cas overfills, at least it has in my case.

3. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

Thank you, I checked the level in the transmission and it was a little low but not too bad. The t-case however was quite low.