Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NP205 noob questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dremu, Jun 29, 2005.

1. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

New to the beast; I've had 203's, 208 and a 241 in my other trucks.

1. It's clocked up 2" on an ORD Doubler ... should I overfill it with fluid, or will be okay at that level?

2. (Possibly related to above) it has a gnarly gear whine, in low and especially in low-low. I think that's really noticeable as I have the tranny hump out at the moment.

The t-case was rebuilt by a guy here who I trust, so maybe it just needs to settle in, or maybe they do that, or maybe it needs more fluid, or maybe I need just to relax and stop stressing. If I'm not mistaken, my K5 will be driveable and maybe even trail-able for Blazer Fest. :woot:

-- A

2. seschev3

seschev3 1/2 ton status

What do you have left after the doubler is trouble free. Just picked up my new tranny from freight in benicia today. Have to get it in maybe tomorrow night and get the bugs out to get to Blazerfest myself. Haven't owned a 205, but I think they are a bit noiser than the 208 and the 203 because of the drive.

3. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

:haha: That truck is never trouble free!

Umm ... fix the speedo, the tranny temp gauge ... and still for the doubler, the shims for the second crossmember (they should be done tomorrow), then the third crossmember and skid plate ... oh and the shifter boots and the tranny hump, gotta get them all measured and cut and welded up and painted.

Venting for the t-cases (and I should prolly do the axles while I'm at it, got some vacuum line from Monument) ... adjust the kickdown... and I'd really like to put the cage in so Desert Rat stops whining that I've not used it in a year since I bought it from him :D ... but that'll prolly hafta wait.

Little stuff like grease the drivelines, make sure the new front one won't explode under flex (not like my Ranchos will flex, but hey, they were free...) ... the list is endless. You know the drill. Detroit for the rear at least.

Dammit, just thinking about the front flex that makes me wanna do the 56"s up front ... I have a spare set ... ack! Too many projects, and that's just that one truck! :D

-- A

4. seschev3

seschev3 1/2 ton status

Sounds like your list is getting longer instead of shorter. Did not get to the tranny tonight, so tomorrow night will be the start and in to the weekend. With all the standard tune up, bolt torqueing, and greasing, I may not get to fabbing my front bumper in time. Looks like we will both be racing the gun to get done. Let me know if you need help at all if I can spare it. I think the wife is going to let me wrench on the blazer most of the weekend, so I should have most of it done. It will be nice to see how that doubler does. You going to try and get most of your stuff done this weekend?