Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NP205/NP203 doubler

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by SomethingWicked, Sep 17, 2001.

1. SomethingWicked

SomethingWicked Newbie

I just got off the phone with James and I am curious who here is running this t-case doubler. I was about to make the Klune plunge when I found a doubler article. Is this thing strong enough to handle Horsepower? I am a RockCrawler and put alot of stress on my drive line and do not want to grenade this thing if it cannot handle it. Any input would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks in Advance....

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

The doublers are very strong! Stephen Watson's Jimmy runs a rowdy big block, low gear set TH400 into the doubler and his truck in on 42's...
    You'll be snapping D60's like twigs before breaking the doubler! [​IMG]

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

3. AgDieseler

AgDieseler Certified Scrap Producer Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I think it's an Art Carr T-700 in there. I'm not trying to be picky, but when you're talking about tranny with a 3.06:1 first gear in a doubler thread, it can be important.

David Oliver
    '85 'burban
    B&B 6.2L J NA
    T-700
    5.5"lift, 35"BFGs
    *Banks Turbo coming soon*

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Sorry, my bad...[​IMG] You're right it is important!

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

5. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

Ge I run a 6.34 1st gear with my 203/205. I have twisted drive shafts and yokes. Have to run warn axels in the dana 44 and the corp 12. If you shift it to low low 1st gear and drop the clutch at about 3k you can rip the centers out of stock wheels and pop 7/16th wheel studs like pop sticks, but no you can realy hurt the drive line from the out put of the 205 back. No wait you can ripe the center out of a cheap clutch disc.

NV4500 to 32 spline input 203 rang box to 32 spine 205 gen 1 doubler. Look in the trip reports for the 72 blue blazer it there a few times.

6. SomethingWicked

SomethingWicked Newbie

that is basically what I wanted to hear. I have a 360, with a TF727 tranny, this will go into the 203/205, was seriously about to order the Klune when I came across a doubled t-case site.... have never seen that done until then and so I followed it back to James' and Steven's company. This is very cool, I have Dana 60's on my stretched jeep, and I am running 7:17 gears. I have Hummer wheels with 42 inch Swampers. Thanks for the input....

7. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I'm pretty proud my Doubler! :-) duh!
    We have a lot of guys that break D60 parts long before having t-case problems. 30 spline front shafts aren't safe, and actually, I'd be a little concerned about the 7.17 gear in the axles, I've seen those little pinions with wear from 4 cyl toyota motors! I thought my 14 bolt 5.13 pinion was getting small.
    We have no problems putting the Doubler kit in anything with standard auto axles. Getting into 5-tons and stuff like that starts making me nervous, but going by the numbers, you should break 205 output shafts before any of the stuff we build and add in.
    You've probably heard this already today though......

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    SW-ORD
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.offroaddesign.com>www.offroaddesign.com</a>