Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Np205 questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Hardcore, May 17, 2004.

1. Hardcore

Hardcore 1/2 ton status

With JB conversions finally releasing the 3:1 Lomax kit for the 205 /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif I'm now looking into swapping the 241 in my 1990 to a 205. Got a couple questions.

1) As far as I know the 205 never came attached to a 700R4, what 205 do I need to look for then to hook up to a 700R4 easy?
    Or, will any PS drop 205 work becasue the adapter for the 700R4 to 205 will replace whatever input the case I find comes with?

2) Which vehicles came with a fixed yoke 205?

3) How do I hook up my speedo on a 205 with my 1990s setup?

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I'd wait before you buy a case specifically for this kit. The JB Conversions site still says it will be a while before the kit is released.

Also based on this quote from JB's site;

[ QUOTE ]

Q: What exactly is included in the kit?
    A: One new case and 5 gears.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd wait to see what additional parts you'll actually need.

3. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

The only parts used from a stock 205 are a few parts like idler shafts, bearings, and the seal retainers and yokes and such. It comes with a new case and all new gears and input and output shafts. $1300 seems a bit pricey for something I could accomplish better with dual transfer cases...

4. Hardcore

Hardcore 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys, didn't see that part. That is actually better, I was figuring having to pay $200-$400 for an old 205.

Don't really need a doubler but I could slap in the 203 box later. For now 3:1 would work great for me /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Can't wait till JB Conv releases the kit and we get some reviews on it /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif