Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

np205 rear output flange?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by crawlink5, May 21, 2004.

1. crawlink5

crawlink5 1/2 ton status

Did a search but found everything on the front output.

I want to use a front driveshaft in the rear and cut the frame to fit length. What can I do about a flange for the rear?

1979 chevy 4x4 pickup 465/np205.

Thanks,
    Doug

2. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

How about using a rear yoke and matching double-cardan shaft from a 78-79 Bronco?

Or... (I think it'll work - haven't tried it /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif )

Take a spare/busted rear yoke, and machine it down so all you have left is tube with an internal spline. Make up a plate with the same bolt pattern as the driveshaft; and cut a hole in it to friction-fit with the tube. Heat the flange, chill the tube, put them together, and weld around it.

3. crawlink5

crawlink5 1/2 ton status

I think I like the Bronco idea best. Except for trying to find one of these. Was 79 the last year for 205 in a bronco? I think from my search that all outputs to the rear was 32 spline?

If I get my hands on a flange to fit I'll get the bolt pattern to work if I have to have it machined.

4. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

79 was the last year for the 205 in the Bronco, but they continued with the fixed yoke on the NP208... and I think even in the BW1345. I dunno if these are the typical 32-spline, or Ford's 31-spline. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

I want to use a front driveshaft in the rear and cut the frame to fit length. What can I do about a flange for the rear?

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesse @ High Angle has his own 205 rear flange... Got one on my buggy, just don't have a good image of it.

Marv

6. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

does it fit the stock 1310/Saggy CV flange or just the 1350 ford CV flange that he sells?

7. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Fits his 1350....

Marv

8. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

looks like the easiest way is to convert to a 32spline front outputshaft and use spicer CV rather then the flange

9. crawlink5

crawlink5 1/2 ton status

Thanks - I'll be looking for one.

10. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

look under fords or what ever u2slow tells you to look under

11. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

I have a flang on the back of my 205 with a caddy cv, i thin the shop that got it for me said it was a Dodge flange, but not sure, it wasn't a custom application , in was a stock offering on something, maybe call a reputable shop and ask them to find the application for a 32 spline flange output yoke, the shop that did mine a million years ago was Cannon engineering in North Hollywood, sorry dont have the number anymore, but if you can find tha yoke of which i speak, it has the same bolt pattern as the front saginaw cv that came stock in blazers.