Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Np205 rebuild?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by Ddragggon, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

I have an NP205 in my 73 K20 suburban, that currently launches itself out of gear every chance it gets, and it's getting worse ( went from occasionaly, to basicaly have to hold it in 4 hi, or it'll grind out of gear on the freeway)

I need a rebuild kit for the bushings, bearings, etc so I can get this damn thing working smooth again. what would such a beast cost, and how long until I can get such a thing? case appears to be a fixed rear yoke, NP205 hooked into a TH350 transmission.

thanks in advance,

-Rich

2. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

I just talked to the good folks at ORD on Tuesday, this was one thing discussed and I believe it's in the $190 range. And I'm sure it's in stock.

By the way I got my order today /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    Thanks ORD,
    Brett

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Yup, they're $190, but I'm not sure it's going to help your jumping out of gear problem. Most of the time that's caused by wear on the input gear, output shaft, and clutch ring. I'm betting you'll need a new input gear least. A new input and clutchring is most likely. And if it's been doing this for a while, there's enough extra metal floating around in there that you'll need the rebuild too. We have the gears and clutchrings, sometimes in good used versions in addition to new ones so we can get you fixed up no matter what's wrong.