Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

np205 removal

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by poinzey, May 6, 2005.

1. poinzey

poinzey 1/2 ton status

Hey guys, trying to get my 205 out to rebuild and its being a lil difficult. How far should I have to pull it away from the tranny adapter for the shaft to clear? I've got the case seperated almost an inch so far. How much further do I need to go???? Or do I need to pull the adapter off the tranny to drop it?

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

As long as the adapter is free of the linkage and everything is free from anything connected to the truck then slide the tcase back. It will take more then 1" to disengage.

When it does though be ready for it. An NP205 is kinda heavy so don't have anything important (face, hands, arms, etc) between the case and the ground if it drops.

Harley

3. poinzey

poinzey 1/2 ton status

I've got the jack under it now, as soon as I can get the shaft to come loose I'm home free. Hard part seems to be getting enough room to pull it back enough. I think next time I'll just pull the tranny too, seems like that would be a lot easier. :grin:

4. i8yrsuv

i8yrsuv 1/2 ton status

hi,
    Dont try to bench prees that puppy ....the 205 will in most cases !!!!

5. poinzey

poinzey 1/2 ton status

Lol, I didn't press it! Made a lil platform for the jack and strapped it to it. Worked ok for a quicky job. When I get ready to put it back in later I'll make something that fits it better. Thanks for the help Hoss, just took a lil more wigglin to get her free. :grin:

6. paulmoon

paulmoon 1/2 ton status

Oh Yeah......Getting it out is one thing, putting it back in is another! Heavy and a litttle hard to line up because of that. Had to lie on my back and kick it in. wiggle and cuss. Damn good fun :D enjoy! :rotfl: