Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

np205 swap for a np203 options married or divorced

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by motofool, Apr 19, 2004.

1. motofool

motofool 1/2 ton status

well i picked up a np205 that was supposed to come with coupler and adaptor but they cant find it /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

so now my choices are to get the coupler new is 80$
    and the adaptor who knows what i can find one for local guy wants 75$ for the cast style repaired once. thats too much i think.

what you guys think?

divorce it?
    what all do i need then?

marry it with the normal parts which would be best?

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I'd go with the correct adapter and coupler. To divorce it you will have to convert your transmission to accept an output yoke, convert the t-case to accept at input yoke, build custom crossmembers for both the trans and t-case, and have a custom driveshaft made to connect them. Suddenly the price of the coupler and adapter look much cheaper, eh? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Either way it will require procuring some parts. Just put it in the married way and be done with it. Divorced would be cool only if you have a longer wheelbase and have room for overdrive/underdrive units. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. motofool

motofool 1/2 ton status

found an adaptor and coupler for 20$ /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif at junk yard waiting for arrival to check fitament so we'll see how that goes