Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

np205 swap in progress - questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by djohnsn, Jun 15, 2000.

1. djohnsn

djohnsn 1/2 ton status

I am in the process of replacing a tired th350/np203 combo with a freshly rebuilt th350/np205 combo in my 78 Blazer, but I have a couple of questions.

I don't have any of the original shifter hardware, so I am upgrading the shifter attaching bolt to the later model greasable bolt. Are any washers or bushings used with this type of bolt?

The brace from the transmission to transfer case that was used with my th350/np203 combo is too long for the th350/np205 combo. Can someone tell me a part number for the correct part? Does anyone have one for sale?

Darrin
    78 Blazer

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

My shifter has a stiff wave washer on that bolt to help prevent rattles. It rattles even less for a while after a fresh squirt of grease in the zerk on that bolt.

Can't help on the part numbers.

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com

3. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

Yes the two holes in the crossmember were to wide for me as well. I just broke out the dremel and cut it in to match the holes on the adapter. Sometimes a little modifying will do just as good as buying the correct part. This worked out great for me. Any other help, just ask me. I did my swap about 5 months ago now. I love that NP205!!!