Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NP205 twin stick.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Big'nBadK5, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Big'nBadK5

Big'nBadK5 Registered Member

I searched like crazy yestarday and to my surprise nothing came up so here it goes. What is the advantage of having a twin stick setup on a 205? i have one sitting in a parts truck that i am going to remove to day and was toying with the idea of doing the conversion but am not really sure why i would. And does anyone sell the setup for the conversion or are they all custom made? Thanks.

2. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Check this and this out. Should get you started.

3. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

To answer your question on advantage vs. disadvantage, you have to consider first and foremost the use. The advantage is that you can have front wheel only high (rear nuetral), front wheel only low (rear nuetral), rear wheel only high (front nuetral), rear wheel only low (front nuetral), rear and front low, rear and front high, as well as front and rear nuetral. Manuevering with front wheel drive only can really cut down turning radius especially if you rig is locker equipped in the rear (tends to push straight). The disadvantage is that you need to remove the rails from the case and grind them (not bad as it's a one time deal), but you will need two shifters or a highly modified single shifter to operate the case (instead of a single stock shifter). Also once the rails are ground, it takes alot to undo if you ever wanted to go back. For a mild off-roader I don't know if it's worth it (that;s up to the individual), but for a hardcore rig that does hardcore wheeling, it is a great asset....
    Just my .02

4. 4x4_76

4x4_76 1/2 ton status

There's also the cool factor(especially with floor shifter),everyone's asking "why you have so many shifters sticking through the floor??" /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif