Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NP205 vent location???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Beast388, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

I am in the process of getting my truck ready for a run on the 26th. After seeing the location with my own eyes, there is a good chance I may be up to the frame in the soupy goo.:doah:

[​IMG]

So anyways, I am extending the vent tubes for the TH350, NP205 and both axles. Does anybody have a pic of the location of the vent on an NP205?

I have felt around on top of the t-case and could not feel a vent, but the grime on top could be hiding it.

Anybody have a good pic?

Thanks in advance for the help.:D

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

its on the rear output shaft housing that bolts to the csae housing little stub, and some have a metal cap crimped on them.

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Correct. Ones I've seen are all press in vents, metal cap. As installed on the truck, you have to feel around the top of the cast iron portion of the output shaft housing.

Drill if necessary, definitely tap is how I'd get a "good" vent in there.

4. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

What they said...Also, in stock form the hole is 3/8" dia smooth wall. To tap it to 1/4 NPT you will need to drill to 7/16". I just did this last night:D The hole is fairly shallow also, so a normal tap will be about one turn less than basic measurement on the NPT tapped hole, just FYI. Still works fine.