Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NP205 with PTO

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by clarkjw24, Feb 14, 2007.

1. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hey guys. I've searched but how much does a 205 with the side pto go for?

2. twoslo4five0

twoslo4five0 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i have no idea but correct me if im wrong but didnt they come divorced in dodge pickup...isnt that the most comon place to find them???

3. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yeah you could get a divorced case form a dodge or international. Reason I'm asking is I've never had one but I've got one now I need to sell for someone. I've never priced them or even looked for one so I'm completely stumped on what they're worth with the pto.

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

All 205's came with the PTO provision on the side...

Rene

5. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

check a big truck place, lots of dump trucks use the same part. it should be a muncie style pto pump. never seen anyone mount a chelsea style to a small pto provision.

6. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

7. nova

nova 1/2 ton status

I was told if i wanted to run a hydro winch I would need one of these is this true and does anyone know what one I would need for a 203 / 205 doubler?

8. Speedo

Speedo 1/2 ton status Premium Member

IMHO you would be better off with a belt driven hydraulic pump than a PTO driven pump. In either case you have to have your engine running in order to run the winch but with the belt driven pump you can put power to the axles without turning the tires to assist the winch. With the PTO driven pump you can either put the t-case in neutral to run the winch, in which case you won't be able to supply power to the tires or you can put the t-case in gear and you will have to spin the tires in order for the pump to turn.

I ran a PTO winch for close to 20 years and it was great for pulling others or using the winch to do other work but for self recovery it could be somewhat of a pain for the same reasons that I listed above. I finally sold the rig but kept the winch and I may do something with it but I bought an electric winch as the primary winch for my next buggy.

Gus

9. oneofthefewbmx

oneofthefewbmx 1/2 ton status

yea i believe also that all np205s came with the pto.....if your going to run a hydraulic winch id run it off of your PS pump, that is the simplest way...also i dont want to hijack your thread, but what entails hooking up to the pto part of the 205, ive never seen it done i just know that there is a block off plate on it.......