Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NP208 compatibillity-vibration-general ???'s

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rsty84blaze, Nov 17, 2005.

1. rsty84blaze

rsty84blaze Newbie

I have a serious vibration at any speed (even about 25-30). It goes away if I get on the gas at low speed but at 50 to 65 it is pretty severe. It is still there at 70 but is doesn't shake the vehicle so bad. It is expecially bad when going down a hill. I checked drive angle and U-Joints, all is good. The truck is not lifted. I saw a post in which the carrier in the rear was broken and his symptoms are much like mine. Going to open the rear today and see. I have large amounts of fluid leaking from the TC (NP208-700r4). I found NP208-700r4 from a 87 3/4 ton, will that fit in my 84 1/2 ton? If it will, I will get it so at least I'll have one to rebuild without having downtime?????
    Can I check the fluid level on the transfer case?? Where is the fill??

Thanks, and if there are any other areas I should look to kill this vibration please let me know!!!!!!!

2. 81jimmyslt

81jimmyslt 1/2 ton status

fluid fill on 208 is a large bolt I think it was 1 3/16" I'll have to go check the socket I bout for it. There are two of these bolts the high one filler, lower is the drain. They are easy to strip so be careful. Pull the top one and use a flash light and your finger, stick it in there make sure you come out with some fluid. The leak in the t-case is common, the rear seals on those slip yokes suck.

Jesse

3. rsty84blaze

rsty84blaze Newbie

Thanks

Now if I can find out if the TC's are interchangeable! Ebay auction will end soon!