Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NP208 Fluid

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 1HighK5, Apr 30, 2005.

1. 1HighK5

1HighK5 1/2 ton status

Hey everyone, This is making me crazy I was under the truck yesterday changing U joints again. Any how I hadda take the shaft out totally this time and lost fluid from the TCase I hadn't changed the fluid in it yet because it had been gone over right before I bought the truck. The fluid that came out was Gear Oil this is not good right because the shop manual I have says to fill it with ATF not Gear Oil. So the question I have is do you fill it with ATF or Gear Oil. Thanks if you could just clear this up for me

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

ATF

Drain your case and fill it with ATF. Then run it for a little while and repeat the operation again. Your case should not have gear oil in it.

Harley

3. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Fill out your profile, it will help us in assisting you. The 208 should be filled with atf. Do what was suggested above by changing the fluid, then repeating the process.
    -Harrison

4. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Yep, should be atf, what kind of transmission do you have in front of it? If its a manual, perhaps the seal between the 2 is gone, and the 2 are mixing fluids?