Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NP208 from TH350 to TH700R4

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wrathORC, Jan 29, 2003.

1. wrathORC

wrathORC 1/2 ton status

I'm sorry if this has been covered before. I'm certain it must've been discussed before but I haven't found it yet.

Can I take a NP208 from behind a turbo 350 and stick it on a 700R4?

I want to do it without having to take apart the transfer case(s) or transmission(s) to swap parts. I know the spline count is the same and the adapters between the two look the same but through the search feature I found that a 350's output shaft is ~2" shorter than the 700R4s.

Ideally, it'd be as simple as unbolting the transfer case and then bolting the other one on.

So, is it possible or had I better just keep my eyes open for a NP208 stuck to the back of a 700R4?

2. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

I know it's 2" difference in shaft length but since I don't have them both for comparison, all I can tell you is advance adapters has an adapter for it, I know there is one option of cutting some of the shaft and one with a spacer, if you talk to them or check their website you might get the answer and then do it yourself instead of buying it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif