Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NP208 output (is there a bushing?)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by juanblzer, Apr 21, 2004.

1. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

Okay, so I take my NP208 equipped blazer to my buddy who works on trannys. He says that the bushing near my slip yoke probably has some play and should be replaced. Does anyone know anything about this bushing? Ease of replacement? Any help is appreciated. Will it be easier to just replace the whole damn t-case?

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

look at the tailshaft, should see a seal, I believe thats what he means. The one on my 208 had a little play and should be replaced.

3. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

He said its beyond the seal "in the cone" I replaced the slip yoke seal not long ago (less than 6 months ago)

4. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

He is referring to the annulus bushing. It allows a little play in the slip yoke when loose. You can verify this by putting the truck in nuetral and pulling on the slip yoke.

You can find it HERE Part # 201447

5. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

how to replace? Thanks for the info? any special tools?

6. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

The annulus bushing is in your planetary gears inside the tcase not in the tailhousing. I had to replace mine when I rebuilt my 208 about 8 months ago. It took me forever to find that one bushing.

There is a bushing in the tailhousing. I don't know much about it though. I left mine alone when I rebuilt my case. there is also a rear output bearing in there to.

It is not hard to pull the rear tailhousing. Just pull the driveshaft, pull the speedo cable, pull the speedo gear cover and gear out, remove the bolts and seperate. Just be careful not to crack the aluminum housing.

Harley