Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NP208 parts

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Sammy, Jun 17, 2002.

1. Sammy

Sammy 1/2 ton status

Guys,

I have trouble finding parts for my NP208. All the chevy part dealers say they don't have um. Now can I use the parts of a Jeep. I know they also have the NP208, but is that 100% the same?

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I don't see any problem useing jeep parts for a door stop or boat ancor. Don't have any idea if it'll work for what you're needing. Have you checked with the salvage yards ???

3. Djroffroad

Djroffroad 1/2 ton status

I know nothing about the 208, but I can tell you about the 205 and maybe it will be relivant.

Dodge, Ford and Chevy all came with the 205 at some point. I have compared the Chevy and Ford 205s and the output shafts are the oposite of each other.. So are the shifter rods.

My guess is that you can salvage parts from another 208, just make sure you know what you are looking at. It's real easy to get confused if the 2 transfer cases are mirror images of each other.