Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NP241 ???? **Please read the edit***

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wayne, May 15, 2003.

1. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I am getting ready to tear a 241 apart to change the input shaft and install an SYE. Does anybody know a place that I can get/download a brakedown of the insides of a 241? I have the factory service manual for the 90 but even that does not provide much info. Heck it does not even show how to change a chain in one. TIA.
    Edit here:
    <font color="blue">Has anybody that did the SYE or swap the input shaft have any info on what I might need as far as special tools? Also are any bearings pressed on that I will have to have removed? I am going from the 700r4 to a th400. I already have the input for the 32 spline and the SYE was ordered a week ago and should be here soon from Jess at Highangle. </font>

2. Shagnaz

Shagnaz 1/2 ton status

3. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Re: NP241 ????

Here you go Wayne. See if this helps! http://www.nashvillek5.com/images/241a_big.gif

You can right click and save the picture as and then open it with a viewer that has a zoom on it and you will be able to see everything clearly.

4. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

This is driver side drop, but should work.

[​IMG]

5. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Thanks for the help so far. Maybe I'll get lucky and you guys will know the answers to my questions in the edit. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

You will need a good set of snap ring pliers and an impact wrench. Other than that no special tools are needed. The bearings and gears will slide off the shaft when the snap rings are removed. It took me about two hours to remove the case, install the SYE, and install it back in the K5. Very easy and straight forward.

7. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

"chvyhs" has done the SYE I believe - he also had questions about NP241's a while back. Maybe PM him or look at his previous posts. Hopefully he'll have some good information or sites for you to visit. I haven't seen him around in a while though, so maybe he won't get your PM. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Edit: I just searched for his username - his last post was on April 9th, and he was heading over-seas for a few months (that's kinda what I thought) - so he probably won't see a PM for a while.

8. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Thanx for that pic, that might help someday.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif