Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NP241 Tranfer (4AUTO)

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by Greg, Dec 19, 2001.

1. Greg

Greg Registered Member

Hey guys,
    as the subject line suggests, I need a NP241 Transfer case for my '90 blazer. I swapped out the manual tranny with an automatic however found out (the hard way) that THERE IS a difference between the manual and automatic versions of the 241. The spline counts are different so I need one for an automatic. will buy or trade whichever you prefer.
    Lemme know!
    Greg

2. j20m715

j20m715 1/2 ton status

Greg
    I have a 700 to 241 adapter only (no t-case) for sale or trade. Let me know if you run across a t-case without one. I'm open to trades. What ya got ?

Also have a rear shaft with slip stub from a 89 blazer that had a 700 & 241in it.

Its a one ton jeep thing

3. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

Greg, I am assuming you need a 27 spline 241 and you have a 32 spliner? I have a 27 spline gear that I will trade you straight across for your 32 spliner, or $50 by itself. Then, all you need to do is split the 241 in half and install the 27 spline input gear, not a big deal, about an hour job. Let me know.

ken

4. Greg

Greg Registered Member

Ken I'll be honest with you, I have no idea how many splines I have on mine! What I do know is that It came stock with a M465 4spd tranny and I swapped it for 700R auto. If yours originally came from a 700R4 tranny then I think we're in business. Let me know if it is and we'll work out the details. Another thought, I have to change the slip yoke portion of the rear driveshaft as well since it too is splined for a manual tranny. would you be interested in swapping that too? we will both need to replace the u-joint but that's pretty cheap considering.
    Also in case you're wondering, my blazer *just* rolled over 100k a few days ago. the only offroading it's seen is logging trails here in VA. Lame I know, but I mainly use it for family vacations and commuting in winter.
    Greg

5. Greg

Greg Registered Member

I'll get back to you on the adapter. I'm still looking to see if I can hook up with a 241 transfer for an auto. If I can score one I'll let you know. Might just say the hell with it and put in a 208 instead. seems to be more out there.
    Greg

6. promudder1

promudder1 1/2 ton status

i have a np241c from a 89 suburban for $275.00 to your door it is currently connected to a 27 spline turbo 400 if you want it all $350.00 to your door includes adapter and crossmember,otherwise the adapter and crossmember stay with me just lemme know