Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NP435 into a chev

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ben427, Feb 8, 2004.

1. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

The Dodge truck i got my 60 and 70 out of has an np435 with a 203 transfer case. Buddy told me i could have it for 50 bucks. Really got me thinking cause i want a doubler and i cant find a 465 with a 203 around here for the life of me. How much trouble would it be to put this tranny behind a 454 in a CUCV. Im not worried about xmembers an such, i can build those. More or less worried about bellhousings and input shaft spline counts and sizes. Can anyone shed any info on this?

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Just put the Dodge engine in your truck. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

What year is that Dodge with all those part? I'm betting the tranny and t-case are the divorced setup rather than married. If it is, pass on that. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

Its mid seventies, but it is a married setup cause i was eyeing it pretty hard when i took the axles out of it.

And i would never stoop that low as to put a dodge engine in any vehicle i own! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

You can use factory parts ! GM offered the NP435 in 2WD's in the mid seventy's ( I have only seen a few in C-30's myself ) . I would find a Hollander Book or contact a large bone yard and see if a bell housing could be located .
    HTH , Tom

6. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

Hmm i heard that somewhere before, i just wanst sure what vehicles they came in, thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

7. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

were avaialble in 72 and older GM trucks too, the 435 and the 435C too, mainly behind the 400 big blocks even.,
    i can get RPO and other info if you want, ratios, engine combos avaialble with/for them, etc,

8. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

If you could get an rpo or something i can take to a dealer to make a search easier it would be much appreciated.