Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Nub ???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by seattle73k5, Jul 3, 2005.

1. seattle73k5

seattle73k5 1/2 ton status

Ok Ok here is a Newbie question for you I am sure I will get laughed out of this site for this but hell I am new to 4X4's so here I go.

I am about to purchase a D60 and want to get a NP241 and do the jb conversion on it....do NP241's only come in driver side drops? or does the driver side drop work with the D60 seeing as how the Diff. is on the Passenger side?

Ok now let me have it :doah:

2. HELLBENT DESIGNS

HELLBENT DESIGNS 1/2 ton status

you have to have a pass side drop t-case if you are going to use a standard type gm or d$dge type d60. not real versed on the np241 but i would guess the switsh to lh drop would be 1992 up after the final body style change so a rh 241 should be ok :D

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

241's came with both drops. Passenger drop in 'our' body style from 89-91. Drivers side drop could be had from 88 and up in the IFS trucks.

You need to match whatever your front diff is. If the pumpkin is on the passenger side you need a passenger drop T-case.

Rene

4. seattle73k5

seattle73k5 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the info.....

5. S. Burnham

S. Burnham Registered Member

I like your Marine statement. God bless you all. I work a lot of retired Marines as a Fire Fighter. I have a couple of good buddies that have been recalled to go over seas.

6. scrappy88

scrappy88 1/2 ton status

Another thing to note about the 241 t-case. 1989 241 cases from blazers have the mechanical speedometer cable, but cases from 1990+ have an electronic speedometer connection. Since it's going into an older truck you'll probably have to find a 1989 case if you plan on keeping the speedo.