Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Nuther question for the local AZ crowd

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by 4xcrazy, Apr 17, 2006.

1. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

anybody around here know of a decent place to get a 700r4 rebuilt, good quality work at a decent price, not looking for "cheap" but not racing specs either, something that will make this thing last for awhile...It's in the 2wd 1/2 ton pick-up, it's not a beater, just old lady driven type of stuff.

just died on us the other night on it's way back from Tucson,,,
    really gave the Burb alittle workout with it on a tow dolly from Eloy back to North Phoenix :doah:

2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Ken's Transmissions over on Bell and about 27th st or somethin like that. I'd still try the filter n fluid n maybe Lucas oil trick first though.

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I had my last 700R4 built at State to State Transmission on Bell road and Cave Creek. I don't know think I would call there work the 100% best but they do offer a 2 year 24K warranty that they do honor. I paided well for my last 700R4 (beefed up w/low stall converter) installed. $1600. I took my truck in for the 1 year maintanence and they said they found some things in the pan that they didn't like so they dropped my tranny and replaced it without any questions or haggles.

Sofar so good on this 700R4. I am past the 2yr/24K warranty and it is still holding in there. I don't drive it much on the street anymore but as I am sure you know I am not affraid to put the wood to it on the trail. I have put alot of hard miles on this 700R4 and it is still holding on.

Harley