Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

nv 4500 conversion

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rumbly truck, Jul 23, 2005.

1. rumbly truck

rumbly truck 1/2 ton status

has anybody put a nv4500 in front of a 205 in afull size? and if so what mods are needed. what did you do for the tranny mount?

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I've studied this a little for my crew cab. The easiest way to do it is with a GM nv4500 bolted to a 85+ (round pattern) 205. If you use the OE long t-case input there is a spacer ring from AA you'll need, if you swap in a 84- short input the combo will bolt together as is. The t-case shifter will have to be a custom set up as there will be no threaded boss for the 205 stick (like with an OE adapter).

I'm not sure what to do about floor board or tranny mount issues (or if there are any). The MOO Suburban has a nv4500 so they could answer fitment questions but theirs is bolted to a Doubler so they may/may not be able to answer other questions (since they didn't have to deal with the mount, shifter,etc).

Be sure to post up anything else you find out or do. :thumb:

3. rumbly truck

rumbly truck 1/2 ton status

I have the round pattern 205 in my truck .i just lost the clutch disc and have everything out right now. it sure would be nice to slip in an overdrive right now. the checking i have done i dont think i would have to change drive lines.the nv 4500 set up would be only .125" longer than the present setup.my 465 leaks pretty good . so i am trying to decide to over haul it or pony up for a new tranny.anybody know of a killer deal on a nv right now? thanks