Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

nv4500 2wd questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tjayandlisa, Dec 16, 2002.

1. tjayandlisa

tjayandlisa Registered Member

Have a chance to get this 2wd version its out of a 93, I would need to get bellhousing (stock) as I will be bolting to vortec 350 anybody have one? also would this be worth converting? 2wd to 4wd? how hard? any links to parts?(besides aa) a 241 32 spline will be mated, which was a bolt on to the 4wd nv4500...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

Fill out the profile /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    So we can help /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. K5BLT4FUN

K5BLT4FUN 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I will have a 98 Version 4WD NV4500 for sale after the first of the year. It is complete from bellhousing to tailshaft. It is presently coupled to a 78 version 205 transfer case(figure 8 bolt pattern). I will be selling it for the tranny for $1500.00 complete with bellhousing, tranny, tailhousing, Advanced Adapter plate to 205, clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel. The transfer case will be extra.

4. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

You need a bellhousing from a 91-95 NV4500 since only these use a clutch fork. Newer ones use a hydraulic release bearing so the bellhousing, input retainer and trans case are slightly different.

I just happen to have the same 2wd tranny you do. My plan is to use a Dodge input shaft (1" longer, same spline), SM465 bellhousing, and make my own 1" thick adapter.

Just need some money and some space to work! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm planning on a remote t-case since I have the wheelbase to spare. To convert it to a 4wd type, you need a different output shaft and extension housing. Then the NP241 will bolt right on. A round-pattern NP205 will bolt on with only minor mods; notch the extension housing for the shift rails and swap a "short" 32-spline input into the 205.

5. tjayandlisa

tjayandlisa Registered Member

I am hoping I could find someone who switched the tailshaft for the dodge, and still has their 32 spline shaft and maybe housing? and maybe has the stock bellhousing cause they mounted to jeep motor or something else...

6. K5BLT4FUN

K5BLT4FUN 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Not to be too sarcastic, but you are sure hoping for a lot of things to happen. You will be better off looking for a 4wd model. The output shaft is the mainshaft. Usually the only reason to have one laying around is because it's been damaged. As for the tail housing and bell housing they can be found for less than $100.00 each.