Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Nv4500 and a Doubler?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by EricM, Sep 12, 2001.

1. EricM

EricM Registered Member

Can this be done and if so what parts do I need to collect?

Thanx

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

The only thing out of the ordinary for a 4500 with a Doubler kit is hooking the 203 to the 4500, the rest is standard stuff.

we've got two ways to go with hooking the trans to the NP203, one is to use Advance Adapter's kit to put them together. It's just under $300, and requires a Dodge tailhousing on the 4500, a GM 4wd output shaft, and a 32 spline input shaft on the 203.

The other way is one we're not sure of but think will work. Basically, the idea is to re-drill the face of the NP203 to match the round pattern on the back of the GM NV4500 adapter. We've mocked it up in the shop and don't see much reason why it won't work, but until it's done and in the field, I can't say much about it for sure. This would require some disassembly work and machine work on the 203, but would be the minimum number of parts to get the job done. We're doing some work with the round pattern cases now and will try to see about drilling the face of a 203 while we're doing it.
    Hope this helps

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    SW-ORD
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.offroaddesign.com>www.offroaddesign.com</a>

3. EricM

EricM Registered Member

Thanks I'll wait and see what you figure out with the chevy tailhousing. The fewer parts the better.

4. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

The first way works fine and is realyl just 2 flat plates one steal on Alum. Mine has almost 10k miles on it and has been to some real 4 wheeling. It was judt 2 weeks ago I was drive out of hole in the wall trail down by lake Powell Used the 4 to 1 low getting in and out then cruzed the high way back up to moab at 70-75 with the motor turning about 2k. I'm running the stock 3.73 with 35 inch tires. Its the best of both worlds. If you go with the NV4500 drop me a PM and I can bring you up to speed on the dos and donts

5. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I think Ken (blazer72) was the first 4500 Doubler we did, he's got some good info for sure.

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    SW-ORD
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.offroaddesign.com>www.offroaddesign.com</a>

6. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

Plus its the 2nd 4500 thats been in my blazer.