Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

nv4500 conversion info needed

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JoshA, Mar 25, 2002.

1. JoshA

JoshA 1/2 ton status

I currently have a 465/205 setup. what is involved in converting to a 4500. anyone know of a site with a good walkthrough?

thanks

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Do a search to try and find a post where Steve Chin answered this same question. His web sight has some good info too...but most of it is in his head!

3. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

See: <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=firstgen&amp;Number=354056&amp;page=0&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=>http://coloradok5.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=firstgen&amp;Number=354056&amp;page=0&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=</a>

That's a reasonable summary. If you have some specific questions, send me an email.

4. JoshA

JoshA 1/2 ton status

thanks, thats enough info to get me started...

5. JungleBoy

JungleBoy 1/2 ton status

Steve inspired me to make the switch and really helped me out with my install as well. I found that my AA adapter is configured slightly differently, and my crossmember had to go further back than Steve's. There is a lot of drilling to do, so "be sure"....
    JB

6. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

JB, how's it running? You got the AA tailstock instead of the Dodge one, right?

7. JungleBoy

JungleBoy 1/2 ton status

Steve
    It's not - yet. Engine in frame, setting up TBI. I got the GM trans from the guys you recommended, Discount Parts Exchange - a good savings over AA...
    Thanks again for your help.

Josh
    My crossmember moved back 3-3/8", due to the configuration and mounting setup on the adapter... GM has all the mounting stuff new - cushions, locks, steel tubular inserts for TC brace on frame rail, etc... Everything but bolts, I think.

JB