Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NV4500 in a 77 Blazer?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 454Blazer, Nov 1, 2000.

1. 454Blazer

454Blazer Registered Member

Hi Folks, I'm new to this forum but have a question right off the bat. I've got an NV4500 than I need to get into my Blazer, we just installed a 454 and I'm not sure the TH350 will last all that long behind it. My question is conserning the clutch for the 4500, I have heard that it's not possible to run a hydraulic clutch because the brake booster is in the way. Anyone know of someone that's done this swap??

Thanks in advance.

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Not sure fo the NV4500 , but my bros 86 has a hyd. clutch with the resivoir on the firewall by the MAster Cyl.

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

3. GM switched to a hyd. clutch in the early 80's on their trucks.Not sure what year they did this but my cousin's 1984 k30 has a hyd clutch.Hope this helps,good luck.

IF IT AINT BIG IT AINT BAD!!!!!!

4. BUDDY

BUDDY 1/2 ton status

You can bypass a lot of fitment problems by looking into circle track hydraulic clutch set-ups. Look in some racer magazines and get the catalogs from speedway, Afco, and whoever else you think looks interesting. The circle track guys have been doing weird things for years and I'll bet they can help you out. Plus it'll probably be cheaper than trying to get factory parts to fit. Also, Advanced Adapters has an adaptor plate to connect your new tranny to your old NP203.

I'm looking to do a lot of the same mods to my '72 one day except I'll use a 502 and a doubler or Klune-V in between that NV4500 and my current NP205.

HTH,

Buddy

I've got my dream truck and it's a 72 K-5 that is getting there!!

5. realsquash

realsquash 1/2 ton status

6. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

I run the 4500 in my 72 with the stock 96 and up bellhouseing which has a hydro relese bearing. I used an s-10 cluch master with remote reservor ( it bolt in at 45 deg, angel or so). Its a bit cheaper the the round and round boys toys, plus you can get parts at any chevy or GM Place. One note you must use a hays flywheel to get the cluch in the right place to engage.

I understand the jeep thing I drive a BLAZER!!

Ken