Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

nv4500 noises

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by odee1, Mar 27, 2004.

1. odee1

odee1 Registered Member

thanks to all that helped on the hydro clutch problems when I started this swap. I have gotten to drive it some, but when I get to fourth and fifth gear I get a noise out of the tranny. When I bought this tranny the man I got it from said it had a noise in it, the man he had replaced it for had never had a oneton truck with a manual,we allowed it was normal wihtout hearing the noise when I bought it. What common problems do these trannys have? Fifth gear problems like I have heard from the dodge people?

2. odee1

odee1 Registered Member

guys,had a buddy drive the truck today I guess we will be pulling the that tranny out. The other one I have has some play in the input shaft, took the top off and the input shaft bearing looks good, put it back in the front gear on the cluster has some movement in it is this normal.

3. odee1

odee1 Registered Member

Surely someone on here has some experince with this tranny. I would like to find a service manual on it if someone knows where to get one.

4. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

sorry man, no ideas. Maybe post it in the Garage forum and see if anyone there knows.

NITRO