Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

nv4500/np241 in a 72, anyone, need help

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 300stw, Oct 26, 2006.

1. 300stw

300stw Registered Member

Jul 4, 2002
    i have a nv4500 32 spline output and a np241 passenger drop with mechanical speedo and 32 spline, i nneed adapter between these and i ordered bellhousing from advance adapters, what else do i need , shifter for trans case? , side mount for transcase? and trans case crossmember? someone must have done this swap..................
  2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Jul 23, 2000
    The 241 should bolt right up to the output housing of the tranny. Worst case is you may need to oval out one hole out of the 6...

The crossmember mount would also go under the output housing of the NV4500. Pretty standard 7.5" spacing of the mount holes there, threaded holes are M10. I found M10 x 80 bolts worked there.

T-case shifter should be availble out of any newer K5 or 'Burb and will need to be made to fit/work in your truck.

I'm not sure which bell you ordered from AA, but the one I got from them required an adaptor bracket so the GM clutch slave would bolt up correctly. If you're sticking with mechanical linkage it should be fine. I did need to clearance grind the pocket for the starter nose on mine...so be prepared for that possibilty.